Facebook

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Southeastern Plein Air Invitational

Just got home from the SE Plein Air Invitational. Here are some photos:
"Sweet Home Alabama" - my favorite painting  that I did this week... 


But....Blessed to be awarded winner of the Quick Draw this week.

Craig Reynolds of Alabama won 2nd place with this beautiful painting! 

My friend Millie Gosch from Georgia won 3rd place with this wonderful loose painting.
All the winners did the SAME house!!  Weird, huh???

I did not get his photo image, but here is my little painting of artist Ralph Parker (from Texas) painting. 

"Blue Skies Return" was done the day after the devastating storms.


 "Evening Song".12x9, Oil. Sold. 

One evening I did the above image of "Evening Song" (sorry iPhone image was not too good!)  from 5-6 PM after a full day of painting, This was just prior to a lovely reception held in a beautiful  private home... It was painted outside on the grounds of this home up on the mountain overlooking the city. A sting orchestra was there in a a wooded cove playing lovely music while we painted! The gracious family who hosted us added Evening Song to their collection of beautiful paintings in their warm and welcoming home!
Artists Katina Weber and Craig Reynolds with my painting that I had done last year. Such an honor to see my work in these collectors' lovely home. 
Here is a photo showing where we found  my painting that I did here last year - in their beautiful breakfast room...
What a week!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success,Dot. You did some nice paintings. Enjoyed seeing some of the other artist's work. Seems like a nice event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John! Hope you will come next year! It's a terrific event and well run. The town and area is breathtaking!
    Wish I had more images of my own work and also works of others, but you had to turn images in daily and I did not get some of my own paintings!.... And, I was shy about photographing other people's paintings and hated to ask and photograph their works. Just did not feel right. But believe me - there were some amazing paintings done there! Hope the museum posts the images soon...

    ReplyDelete