Facebook

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another Backyard Plein Air

Getting ready to go teach a workshop in Greenville with the Delta Arts Association this week. I love teaching!

When I paint outside en plein air, I start massing in the values any way I can... with any color. I work fast. I've found that the sun does not stay still and wait for me to get it down, so I admit that I start messy and tighten up as I go. 


Another thing that I do: I generally put some warmth into green foliage as it helps show the green up - and to me it just looks better. 


Here is the start of a recent plein air painting in my backyard:

Progress:



Final painting: Another Backyard Plein Air 12x16 Oil:

Another Backyard -Plein Air . Oil ©2013 Dot Courson

Update:  

This painting was judged into the Cumberland Society National Juried Exhibition. The judge was artist Peggy Kroll Roberts. Thrilled and blessed that it won an Honorable Mention- the Omega Frames award of $500 ! 

Here it is hanging at the show at Richland Fine Art in Nashville, TN: 
Backlit Trees, 12x16 Oil, ©2013 Dot Courson



No comments:

Post a Comment