A collector from Chicago wrote me today asking for more detailed information about another one of my works. I've never met her, she bought one of my paintings years ago in a gallery that represented me at that time. Her questions made me wonder if others would like more information about me and the inspiration behind my paintings. I know my work is contemporary in one sense.... but it comes across as nostalgic as well. That is an unusual combination these days. It's only contemporary in the way that I paint. It is ALL nostalgic scenery and I do not make excuses for painting what is real to me and my life. It is who I am.. I OWN the fact that I paint in a way that expresses my personal narrative, my internal story, and what a scene feels like and personally means to me. Here is my note back to the collector about this painting today: Pathway Home 12x24, Oil ©2018|DotCourson Dear _____, Was just thinking about you after emailing you the larger sized image you reque...
Congrats! Great paintings and so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Denise! I really appreciate your note to me! - Dot
ReplyDelete