Facebook

Monday, September 6, 2010

Backyard Apple Orchard


Backyard  Apple Orchard 24x30 ©2010 Dot Courson
Sometimes painting is just from the love of the subject...

 I remember our apple orchards from my childhood very fondly, and so I practically begged Jackie to plant some trees at the end of our little garden. Deer ate a few, but some survived. For the pat two days I've been painting in plein air in my backyard.(Note: In front of the image of the painting above ...are two apples sitting on the kitchen counter where I photographed my painting.)

My granddaughter Faith and I pulled apples from the trees after I painted the first day - right after John Morgan, my grandson was "driving" the golf cart with his dad and he hit the already leaning apple tree.  It's leaning more now! Oh well! ...Memories of the apple trees continue down the generations... I just may keep this painting for myself so that I can remember a beautiful happy day-  the end of the summer of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment